Hippity Hoppity Easter's on its way! I can't believe that Easter Weekend is already here. I feel like Easter sneaks up on me every year. Maybe it's because Easter is never on the same day each year, so I never know exactly when to expect it. However, it could be because I don't celebrate the holiday with the same enthusiasm that I did as a child. I always looked forward to Easter because there were so many fun activities surrounding the holiday. This year, I plan to bring back a little bit of that excitement by checking out some of the area's Easter events.
It's really not Easter if you don't go to an Easter Egg Hunt or at least hide your eggs at home. We all know that hunting for eggs is only half the fun; the real excitement comes from popping open each to find the surprise inside. Below is a list of a few Easter Egg Hunts around the area this weekend:
- 39th Annual North Myrtle Beach Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, April 3rd at 10 a.m. – McLean Park in North Myrtle Beach
- Sensory Friendly Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, April 3rd from 10 to 11 a.m. – Memorial Park in Surfside Beach
- Surfside Beach Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, April 3rd from 1 to 2 p.m. – Huckabee Complex
- Lake City Eggstravaganza - Saturday, April 3rd at 11 a.m. - Moore Farms Botanical Garden
- Florence Mega Egg Hunt - Saturday, April 3rd at 10 a.m. - Hoffmeyer Baptist Church
Meet the Easter Bunny
Easter wouldn't be the same without ole' Peter Cottontail. Every year, my sister and I had to take an obligatory picture with the Easter Bunny at the mall to tell him what candy we wanted in our Easter baskets. I always asked for a bag of black jelly beans, and he always delivered. So, here are a few places that you might be able to catch him this weekend to make sure you get your favorite treat:
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny – Saturday, April 3rd from 8 to 10 a.m. – Ripley's Aquarium at Broadway at the Beach
- Breakfast with the Bunny – Saturday, April 3rd from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Hard Rock Café at Broadway at the Beach
Easter sunrise services are a long-standing tradition to remember the true meaning of the holiday, and it truly can't get better than sunrise at the beach. Here are a few locations throughout the Grand Strand that are having oceanfront sunrise services:
- Grand Strand Baptist Church will hold its annual Easter sunrise service at 6:45 a.m. at the Second Avenue Pier.
- Several area churches are joining at Plyler Park for Easter sunrise service at 6:45 a.m. at 1309 Ocean Blvd., Plyler Park, Myrtle Beach.
- The Garden City Chapel will hold an Easter sunrise 2 miles south of Garden City Pier at 6:45 a.m.